JAM and LLV Instrumental Program
To express interest in any of the groups or opportunities listed below please complete the google form, you will need to complete one for each student in your family. . https://forms.gle/rTh6xmQQYWQpxCHQ8
- Term 1 – 4 Monday Lunch in Abbey Road. Contemporary Music Ensemble for stages 4 – 6 and G&T stage 3 (by audition only for stage 3) All instruments welcome. This year it will be directed by Ben Ackland who is a Sydney Based songwriter and performer. It is anticipated that students in this ensemble have been playing their instrument for 3 or more years. Students will take known contemporary songs and together explore how to arrange, transcribe, solo and perform as an ensemble. Payment and membership for this ensemble are organised by JAM please see their website if you wish to join.
- Term 1 Tuesday Mornings 8 am – 8:45 am Week 8-9 (come and try) – Greenroom. Middle School Ensemble. Catering for musicians from stage 2 to stage 5. This ensemble will be directed by Sophie Bromley and will explore a wide range of repertoire. It is anticipated that students will have a minimum of 1-year of experience on their instrument. Students will explore a wide range of styles arranged for a flexible ensemble to concert band. A fee will be charged to cover the cost of equipment, music and consumables.
- Term 1 Student-led Small Ensemble Wednesday Mornings 8 am Greenroom, Stage 4 to Stage 6. For advanced musicians looking for a collaborative self-directed student-led ensemble experience. This ensemble explores a wide range of repertoire and develops ensemble awareness as there is no conductor. A fee will be charged to cover the cost of equipment, music and consumables.
- Term 2 music tuition after school in small groups or individual please see the JAM website for more information https://www.jam.nsw.edu.au/llv
- Term 2 Beginner Concert Band. Students in years 3 – 6 who are interested in learning how to play brass, woodwind or percussion instruments will be able to join the beginner band program. This will involve two weekly rehearsals before or after school and a tutorial-based lesson on the specific instrument chosen. More information will be forthcoming regarding blow tests, rehearsals times, instrument hire. Please see the following link to help you decide on what instrument might be best for your child. All costs for this ensemble are organised via JAM Music. https://www.jam.nsw.edu.au/llv
- COMING SOON STRING ENSEMBLES FOR BEGINNERS TO ADVANCED.